Last update: 29.04.2020
This article collects all the most important things you should know about the current coronavirus situation in Vienna, as well as measures implemented by Impact Hub Vienna.
Stay safe, stay connected and keep in touch!
Follow our channels to receive regular updates:
- Join our dedicated Member Facebook Group
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our newsletter (we won’t spam you!)
Impact Hub Vienna Re-Opening
In the light of the current developments and step by step opening of different entities, we will as well extend the opening times of Impact Hub Vienna again. From 4th of May Impact Hub Vienna will be open and hosted from 9:00-15:00. We are planning to extend the opening times further depending on demand and how the situation develops. As in the past unlimited, fixed desk and office members with keys have 24/7 access to the space.
We wrote a guide taking into consideration keeping all of you safe, healthy and still able to use the space. Please read the opening guidelines carefully!
Meetings at Impact Hub Vienna
- If meetings are required this is possible with a minimum 1 meter distance between each person in the meeting and up to 10 people. The aquarium, conference room, lounge and library will be set up in a way that this is possible. We as well adapted the pricings to fit this period. Find them here.
We still recommend to plan meetings only if needed, with care and as short as possible.
- We will as well offer a set up for web-conferencing and streaming together with Zimtfilm in the near future, please, email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Member Solidarity Fund
We are initiating our very own “Solidarity Fund” where, as a member, partner, friend, and supporter of Impact Hub Vienna, you can donate and support those within our community that most need it. Run with the support of impactory, and operated by our – new – charitable Impact Hub Vienna Association, every cent committed will be distributed to those requesting our help.
COVID-19 Information Sources
City of Vienna’s dedicated info page about coronavirus and COVID-19 disease is available in multiple languages, as well as accessible formats – https://coronavirus.wien.gv.at/site/
For Vienna-specific news stream regarding coronavirus, visit https://wien.orf.at/tags/coronavirus
You can watch recordings of governmental press conferences and announcements at https://tvthek.orf.at/
COVID-19 Business Support
A checklist for businesses:
- Liquidity management checklist:
- Understand which category of business you fall into – there are different provisions for sole proprietorships and companies
- Contact “Finanzamt” regarding deferral / reduction of taxes
- Suspension of capital repayments of all TOP tourism loans from ÖHT (Austrian Hotel and Tourism Bank) for the current calendar year
- Deferral of SVS social security contributions
- Waiver of broadcasting fees by (GIS)
- Suspension of the Chamber of Commerce contribution (Grundumlage) for Members of WKO Chambers
- Contact bank for in between financing
- Agree with suppliers on payment conditions, but be aware that everyone is under stress and especially we smaller companies depend on each other and need to support each other.
- Make financial plan for 1, 3, 6 months and have a clear overview of what needs to be paid when.
- Use the time for business development: new products, new clients, new offers.
- Don’t forget: As small companies we have the advantage to be able to adapt fast.
Governmental funds and support programs
As of 20th of April, the phase 2 of Hardships Fund opened for applications! ⚠️Important: in phase 2, the group of beneficiaries is expanded:
- Together with the Vienna Chamber of Commerce, the city is helping to avoid the plight of Viennese businesses and their employees in the difficult situation caused by the coronavirus. Complete information on the available help and funding schemes, can be found at https://coronavirus.wien.gv.at/site/wirtschaft/
- WKO repository of all information on the topic of coronavirus business support can be found at http://www.wko.at/coronavirus
- Everything about Corona-Hilfs-Fonds.
Existing help schemes:
- Vienna Online. Help and funding for online store expansion for small and micro businesses in the areas of local supply and creative industries in Vienna. Application deadline: 10th of June.
- “Innovate4Vienna” is aimed at the innovative strength of Viennese companies and research institutions. For example for new types of protective equipment, hygiene measures or test capacities.This program has a total budget of 4 million euros. Submission is possible until June 30, 2020
- “Creatives for Vienna” idea competition is based on the potential of the Viennese creative industries. A total of one million euros is available for this – there are up to 5,000 euros for the most effective and creative ideas.
- aws Creative Impact – receive up to €50k and €200k funding for innovative ideas (that do not focus on high-tech) in areas including digitisation, design, social impact, gaming, architecture, audio/vision – submission deadline April 17h and May 8th.
Where to Buy a Face Mask?
Following the governmental protective measures, wearing a non-medical mouth-nose protection (Mund-Nasen-Schutz, MNS in short) is a requirement when visiting stores and using public transport. It is also recommended that you wear a face mask whenever you go out.
We recommend that you buy a reusable fabric mask.Wash the mask after use with at least 60 ° C and iron on both sides with the highest heat setting and the highest steam setting. If the mask has been sewn with an elastic band, wash it at a lower temperature, but be sure to use a degreasing detergent (washing powder, soap, detergent) and iron it hot.
You can support our community by buying face masks from:
Or, make your own mask!
Get in touch with us!
If you need to get in touch, please use the contact form below or email your contact at Impact Hub Vienna directly. The team is working remotely and is ready to help out.
Stay strong & healthy,
Impact Hub Vienna Team