[External Event] Product Owner Dojo in Vienna, Oct 2014
Another PoDojo in Vienna this year: 7th – 9th October 2014. The Product Owner Dojo is a three day intensive training to learn the art of being an agile product owner that goes far beyond learning Scrum. (However, this is also an official ScrumAlliance course, so the price includes the option for a CSPO certificate)
In addition as a PoDojo participant you get discount on our Certified Kanban Classes, offered via LeanKanban University. And don’t miss the free PoDojo Fishbowl Event on 8th of Oct, 6:00PM same location.
The #PoDojo is the “Place of the way” to grow and practice your Product Owner Super Powers
For product creators who are passionate about solving the needs of customers the #PoDojo 3 day workshop provides a highly interactive learning incubator to power up their skills in product discovery, design and development, opening the learning space to:
- Understand how to create a compelling vision by using highly collaborative toolsets.
- Realize the importance of team dynamics by participating in gamified Lean and Agile exercises.
- Have fun while learning the skills needed in order to successfully lead a team in developing great products.
Attendees will grow their learning network and leave the #PoDojo well equipped with the latest cutting-edge toolkits for making customer delightful products – including Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Scrum, Story Mapping, Preto- and Prototyping, Business Model Generation and Radical Management.
Who is this for?
The #PoDojo is for anyone who wants to lead a product development effort e.g. Agile product managers or product owners but also people actively contributing to this leadership role like Scrum Masters or UX Designers. The style of the workshop is highly interactive with a lot of challenging co-activity required. The experience level in Lean and Agile product development is ideally one year or higher.
Day 1: Create the Space
- Design Thinking: Explore user needs within an iterative approach, learn to empathize with users using interviewing techniques, ideate and prototype to validate assumptions
- Techniques to pitch a vision to the group
- Leadership tools to deal with change and organizational impediments
- Product discovery: Value Proposition Canvas, User Stories and Story Mapping
- Scrum in action to experience roles, artifacts, team dynamics and flow
Day 2: Explore the Space
- Personal Business Model Canvas: The product owner as a service in a network organization
- The Lean Startup and Customer Development challenge
- Radical Management: Organizational change needed for companies of the 21th century
- The Pareto principle: understand your potential impact in a complex environment
- From idea to product in ½ day:
- Product Discovery and Visioning
- Story Mapping, User Story Writing and Release Planning
- Value-Driven Development in Sprints
- Agile Manifesto: making sense of values and principles in a retrospective
Day 3: The Product Launchpad
- Pitch your vision and go for a ride, applying the concepts and tools learned and get coached/mentored with additional tools working on your real world problems
- Move an idea from WHY to WHAT to HOW and LEARN by applying User Interviews, Empathy Map, Business Model/Value Proposition Canvas, Design Thinking, User Story Mapping, Prototyping and Release Planning
Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
The course includes the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner. After completing the course:
- You have the option to be registered with the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) (no additional effort or cost required.)
- You have the option to apply for 21 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute, satisfying 21 of the required training hours for the new PMI-ACP (PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner.)
Immobilienscout24, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Orderbird, Wooga, Whatevermobile, Daily Deal, E-Post, Tui.com, Brands4Friends, Springer Medizin Digital, Webtrekk, Clipkit, Ordina, Cornelsen, Daimler, Mister Spex, Ampya, EYE SQUARE, Friendscout24, Idealo, nanoLogika, Zalando, xx-well.com, Schaeffler Technologies
“Many thanks to Catherine and Stefan for their passion, patience and inspiration! They opened up a world of tools and concepts, values and ideals for welding team and customers into successful collaboration. I had lots of fun and so many insights – it was a great place to experiment and learn!”
Tanja Urban, https://www.xing.com/profiles/Tanja_Urban3, #PoDojo 07, Vienna Feb 2014
“Great learning experience. Great group of people! If you want to learn about Agile this training experience is a must. Be prepared for 3 days of the most intense learning experience you will ever have. Be open, go out of your comfort zone!”
Zvonimir Durcevic, http://www.linkedin.com/in/zvonimirdurcevic, #PoDojo 07, Vienna Feb 2014
“I have 7 years managing products, and still PoDojo showed me new&different managing aspects.”
Erez Hadas-Sonnenschein, Sr. Product Manager, clipkit GmbH, Oct 2013
“Getting a solid theoretical base and being able to apply the concepts directly leads to very good results”
Philip Hufen, Product Owner, Wooga, Mar 2013
“Not only the content of the #PoDojo was a great thing to learn, but also the way you teached us the important things, the style you used to get us up to speed and keep us there. I love it! – Thanks!”
Martin Dambold, Product Manager, Whatevermobile, Mar 2013
See the event on Eventbrite