Impact Hub Global Finance & Operations Manager (part time: 0.5 -0.8 FTE) (m/f/d)
Started in 2005 as a single location in London, our global network has grown significantly in the past years both in terms of Impact Hubs, members and partnerships, leading to a need for more advanced financial, legal and administrative operations to mature & professionalise our work.
We now need a hands on colleague with a passion for systems, automation and efficiency to join our team as our Finance & Operations Manager. The role will lead the financial, legal and administrative operations of the Impact Hub global entity (Impact Hub GmbH). The role will work alongside a highly committed team – full time controlling & accounting lead (based in Romania) and full time finance & operations coordinator (based in Austria) – as well as oversee our external tax, accounting and legal service providers in Austria & Germany. The role reports to the Executive Director of the company and liaises on a regular basis with the Board Treasurer and Board Finance Committee. The selected candidate will need to be fluent in German and English and have 3+ years of relevant professional experience. The role is based in Vienna or requires regular travel to Vienna (monthly) at an affordable cost.
Our perfect match will have a sound understanding and practical knowledge of accounting, tax and financial operations (incl. invoicing, billing, payables & receivables, cash flow, P&L and budgeting, controlling) and some experience in legal and HR operations. Experience of working in a small to midsize company, with direct financial operations responsibilities, agile systems and international operations is preferred.
In addition to the outlined professional experience, we are looking for an individual that is reliable, trustworthy, has strong financial and numerical acumen, thinks and communicates in a structured manner, is an independent and fast learner and can manage people & stakeholders independently & effectively. Most importantly, we look for a person who aligns with our values of trust, courage and collaboration whilst being an agent of positive change through their work and ethic!
If you are our match, we will be excited to offer you the job of a lifetime! Why? First, because you’ll be part of a high performing, entrepreneurial & exciting team, covering over 12 nationalities and bringing in a diversity of skill sets, perspectives and worldviews! Second, because you get to directly shape your job as well as the global strategy & operations of our network! Third, because we work with and for hard working, passionate and inspiring Impact Hubs staff across 60+ countries! And fourth to 16,500, because we support 16,500 of the world best impact entrepreneurs to succeed! This is a once in a lifetime learning environment, a launchpad for your international & entrepreneurial experience in the responsible business & impact sector!
Impact Hub GmbH (Impact Hub Global) is an Austrian for profit company, wholly owned by the Impact Hub Association -a not for profit entity registered in Austria that owns the network’s key assets, stewards its direction and within which all Impact Hubs become business partners and co-owners. Impact Hub GmbH acts as an operational backbone, network developer (new Impact Hubs and support of current ones) and business developer (global partnerships, programs and visibility) for the network. It reports to the Impact Hub Association Board and works alongside its various committees (i.e. Finance, Partnerships, Impact, Membership),
The Finance & Operations Manager is responsible for the sound management of Impact Hub Global’s financial health in support of the strategic direction set by the Impact Hub Association.
1) Financial Management & Oversight (0.3-0.5 FTE)
- Develop strategy, systems and processes to plan, monitor and manage financial operations in alignment with the company’s strategy;
- Manage the company’s working capital, monitor and manage cash balances and cash forecasts (weekly), aptly using our internal financial management system (Zoho Books);
- Manage the company’s financial budgeting, transactions & payments, capital requests & credit control, legal, tax, and treasury functions;
- Oversee the accounting, financial operations and controlling functions through effective management of the team or any third parties to which functions have been outsourced;
- Implement operational best practices and support the team in area and project budget management and financial decision-making;
- Prepare financial reporting and auditing requests -incl. annual and quarterly reports & accounts – for internal and external sign off & usage, coordinating with internal and external team members and service providers;
- Construct reliable control & prediction systems for our financial health.
2) Operations & Risk Management (0.2 – 0.3 FTE)
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile by identifying, assessing, and informing the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of internal and external financial and risk issues that affect the organisation;
- Develop and implement effective financial, legal and HR policies to support good management of the company and its finances in alignment to tax, legal and HR regulations;
- Monitor all open HR & legal issues involving the company and our industry;
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage;
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Employment – if based in Austria or Germany
- Salary range – 45,000 to 60,000 EUR annual gross (at 1 FTE, lower capacity will trigger a pro rata remuneration), depending on seniority and experience. Bonus policy available.
- Impact Hub membership, travel support, holidays & additional development days included.