Do you have an idea to make Vienna an even better place to live? Do you want to simultaneously try to establish a sustainable (business) model and get organized?RE:WIEN supports start-ups/ventures that develop new solutions and try to create a positive impact on society (social/environmental impact). In an intense 6 months process, RE:WIEN works with ventures to develop their ideas further, establish smart and resource-efficient processes and build strong and sustainable businesses operating on the market.
Download Info (PDF) English | German
Who is it for?
- Local value chain: promotion of local, eco-social production
- Concepts for greening and cooling the city (avoiding heat islands)
- Food waste, food production
How does it work?
Selection by a judging panel
The 6 months acceleration support includes:
- Business Coaching and process guidance provided by Impact Hub Vienna;
- Individual advice provided by experts in the field, industry experts and professionals. The expert pool is curated by OekoBusiness Wien and Impact Hub Vienna;
- Business trainings and workshops covering relevant topics: basics of sustainable business, marketing, sales, finance etc. hosted at Impact Hub Vienna;
- Access to various network contacts and to corporate, agency and stakeholder groups.
Additional BenefitsParticipants get access to a moderated online forum, visibility through (social) media and press activities and have access to the broad networks of OekoBusiness Wien and Impact Hub. All selected participants will be presented at a final, public event and awarded by OekoBusiness Wien.
Who is behind the program?
OekoBusiness Wien was launched in 1998 by the Municipal Department for Environmental Protection on behalf of the Vienna City Administration, with the purpose to help enterprises generate "green and clean" profits through ecological management practices that benefit both the environment and the enterprises, ensuring high quality and financial benefits in each company. OekoBusiness Wien offers a number of different program modules for large and small enterprises in a variety of industries.
Due to professional support, workshops and access to relevant grants the aim of OekoBusiness Wien to improve the competitive position of Viennese businesses through more efficient use of resources (making full use of innovative potentials and cost saving opportunities), sustaining employment over the medium term, could be achieved.