Effective: June 25, 2018
1. Collection of Information
We collect information about you when you:
- Sign up for a membership;
- Book our space;
- Apply for a program;
- Attend an event or workshop;
- Use our space; cookie
- Sign up or use any other service provided by us;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
1.1. Information you Provide to us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create your profile, choose interests or groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, user name, password, email address, postal address, phone number, payment method data, photos, choices of interests, fields of work, and any other information that you choose to provide. We are processing this information to administer our relationship and provide you with fitting opportunities, and to indicate your interest to other users.
1.2. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our services and platforms
When you use our services and platforms, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of services and platforms, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our services and platforms, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, and track usage of our Platform. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Platform or emails, and track usage of our Platform and effectiveness of communications. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave our website and are automatically deleted after the end of your visit.
- Persistent cookies: For better usability, cookies are stored on your device and allow us to recognize your browser on your next visit.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
- Web analysis
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
This website uses Google Analytics for web analytics. This is a service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. The information generated by this “cookie” about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or as far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with other Google data.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; However, please be aware that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
If you do not want information about your website visit to be transmitted to Google Analytics, you have the option of installing a “deactivation add-on” for your browser.
In addition, we have made settings that Google Analytics deletes the last part of the IP addresses of visitors to our website. Hereby we do not come into possession of data that allow us to draw conclusions about your person.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics data collection and storage at any time by downloading and installing a browser add-on to disable Google Analytics for your browser.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
More information can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en (general information about Google Analytics and privacy).
Facebook Website Custom Audience
This site incorporates a pixel from Facebook Ireland Limited (Website Custom Audience Pixel). Through these pixels, information about your use of this website (such as information about viewed articles) is pseudonymized. The information collected can be used to personalize you, e.g. on your Facebook account to promote with preferred product groups and products.
Use of Facebook social plugins
This website uses so-called social plugins (“plugins”) of the social network Facebook, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are marked with a Facebook logo or the addition “Social Plug-in of Facebook” or “Facebook Social Plugin”. An overview of the Facebook plugins and their appearance can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and incorporated by this into the website.
By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are currently not logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example, click the “Like” button or leave a comment, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information will also be posted on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for advertising, market research and tailor-made Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook uses usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the advertisements displayed on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
The data processing takes place based on the legal regulations of the § 96 exp. 3 TKG as well as of the kind Art 6 para 1 lit a (CONFIRMATION) and / or (legitimate interest) in the sense of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Use of YouTube plugins
Our website incorporates videos from the YouTube portal, a Google Inc. company (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). When you play a video, it will connect to the YouTube or Google servers. This will be passed to these servers, which of our websites you have visited. If you are logged in as a member of YouTube, YouTube assigns this information to your personal user account.
If you do not want Google or YouTube to directly associate the data collected through our website with your profile, you can completely prevent the Google Plugins from loading even with add-ons for your browser, e.g. with the script blocker “No Script” (http://noscript.net/).
The data processing takes place based on the legal regulations of the § 96 exp. 3 TKG as well as of the kind 6 exp. 1 a (CONFIRMATION) and / or (legitimate interest) in the sense of the DSGVO.
With your permission, we may collect other information from you after specifically agreeing to it.
1.3. Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources like information from other Third-Party Sources. To provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use of Information
We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, promote, and protect Impact Hub Vienna, our service and platform;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalize content.
2.1. Operating our service and platforms
- We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our service and platforms, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our service and platform, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance;
- Display information about you, for instance, your list of interests / fields of work, which will be visible on your profile physically in the space and online;
- Personalize our service and platforms, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities about our service and platforms;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Impact Hub Vienna and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests; and
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2. Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with Section 2.3; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3. Advertising and other uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match your profile or interests;
- Facilitate contests, programs and other promotions;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4. Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
We process information about you to provide our services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, for example to allow you to join our community, or to display your profile to other members, and to allow us to send you important service updates.
We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our platforms).
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
3. Sharing of Information
We may disclose information about you:
- to members, partners, on our website or on social media services, subject to the choices you may make via your application and service agreements;
- to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our service and platforms;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information.
3.1. Through our community and platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it in our Community or on our Platforms according to your service agreements and choices.
3.2. Success stories
In case of success stories worth sharing you can contact us or we contact you regarding the publication of the story in our community and platforms.
3.3. Global Impact Hub Network
Beyond connecting to your local Impact Hub community, becoming a member of Impact Hub Vienna comes with the opportunity to connect and collaborate with the global Impact Hub Network. To facilitate this opportunity of exchanging and collaborating on a global level, Impact Hub provides you with access to our own social networking platform, the Community App.
To create your personal profile on the community app, we will share some information about you with the provider of the Community App, Impact Hub GmbH, Lindengasse 56 / 18-19, 1070 Vienna, Austria. Until you actively join the Community App, this shared information will be only available to the responsible employees of Impact Hub GmbH and the employees of Impact Hub Vienna.
To learn more about who Impact Hub GmbH is, how it will treat and keep safe your personal data, and how you can direct the processing of your personal data, please look at the Data Policy.
3.4. With our service providers
We may use service providers about operating and improving our service and platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.5. Following the law and protecting Impact Hub Vienna
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms and Conditions or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Impact Hub Vienna or others.
3.6. Affiliate sharing and merger, sale, or other asset transfers
If Impact Hub Vienna is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
3.7. Other Situations
We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
4. Additional Details
- With your permission, we may allow others to use technologies that collect information about you to provide analytic services, and to serve ads for services. You may be able to disable the collection or use of this information.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and have implemented technical and organizational measures in line with industry best practices. These precautions relate to protection against unauthorized, unlawful or accidental access, processing, loss, use and manipulation. We cannot guarantee these controls will provide absolute security. Please note that we therefore accept no liability whatsoever for the disclosure of information due to non-caused errors in data transmission and / or unauthorized access by third parties. (for example: hacking of e-mail accounts or telephones, interception of faxes etc.).
4.1. Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2. Data Retention
We generally retain personal data that we collect from you until the end of our business relationship or till the end of the legally required retention period. If you are a client, potential client, previous client we safe your personal data for marketing until you object or withdraw your consent.
4.3. Policy Scope
4.4. Revisions to This Policy
5.1. You can subscribe to our newsletter via our website. For this, we need your e-mail address and your declaration that you agree to receive the newsletter.
5.2. Once you have subscribed to the newsletter, we will send you an e-mail with a link to confirm the registration.
5.3. You can cancel the subscription to the newsletter at any time. Please send your cancellation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
5.4. We will immediately delete your data about the newsletter dispatch.
6. Your Data Rights
Irrespective of your nationality or place of residence, among other rights, we grant to you all the rights relating to your personal data that the European General Data Protection Regulation provides for data subjects. These rights include:
6.1. The right to access your data
You have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you and to request specific information and insights on how we treat, share, store and otherwise process this personal data.
6.2. The right to rectification
In the case personal data that we store about you is incorrect, inaccurate, or outdated you have the right to demand that we correct these errors. To exercise this right, it is sufficient to just point the errors out in an email to the address given below.
6.3. The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’) / withdrawal of consent
6.4. For the most parts we are processing your personal data on the grounds of the consent that you give that us by reading and accepting this data policy or by conclusive conduct.
At all times you are free to withdraw this consent by stating so in an email or by initiating the deletion of your personal profile. 5.4 The right to object to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
6.5. The right to opt out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time.
You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
6.6. The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information.
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
6.7 The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information.
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
7. Governing Law
As far as permitted by law, this Data Policy and its terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the data protection laws of Austria and any legal dispute concerning this data policy, its interpretation, and our handling of your personal data shall be adjudicated in Austrian jurisdiction.
8. Contact Us
If you want to exercise your rights, have any queries on this policy, wish to contact us or know further details on how we use personal data
please contact us electronically at: firstname.lastname@example.org.